On November 22, the National Government gathered together at the Palau National Gymnasium to honor and recognize the efforts of Public Service System employees for their outstanding performance, diligence and achievements over the course of the past year. [restrict]
In his message to all National Government employees during the annual Employee Appreciation Day, President Tommy E. Remengesau, Jr. encouraged everyone to commit their partnership and teamwork as an Executive Branch Family, who are working hand-in-hand to executive exceptional delivery of services to the People of Palau.
The following outstanding employees were awarded each with $500.00 cash prize and a certificate in recognition of their hard work and exceptional performance within their respective Ministries:
- Mr. Tetsuro Emesiochel, Media Information Manager, Office of the President
- Mr. Jason Brel, Police Officer III, Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Errolflynn Kloulechad, Historical Preservation Officer Specialist I, Ministry of Community and Cultural Affairs
- Ms. Aileen Mikel, Education Specialist III, Ministry of Education
- Mr. Godwin Silang, Environmental Health Specialist, Ministry of Health
- Ms. Melvira Kyarii Kazuma, Administrative Officer I, Ministry of Natural, Resources, Environment and Tourism
- Ms. Hazel Limei Tesei, Planning Analyst II, Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Maureen Miozawa, Administrative Specialist, Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Industries and Commerce
- Mr. Patrick Moses, Radio Announcer III, Ministry of State
The Employee of the Year is selected based on their leadership skills, professional achievement, innovation in the work place, customer service, effort, teamwork and collaboration, and excellent communication skills.
On behalf of President Remengesau and the Office of the President, thank you to the Employee of the Year recipients and all Public Service System employees for their continued dedication to the job. [/restrict]